Tuesday, 29 March 2011

Spring!. . .Time for some new shoes. . .

Rowan and I have been for some lovely walks these last few days, through the orchards , where the plum blossom played host to the Ladybirds and gave off it's delicious and delicate scent . . .
Sunday, up on the top of the hill, we walked along part of the Cotswold Way, though Rowan looks unsure whether to venture through the gap.

We saw Buzzards swooping and free falling, a tiny Goldcrest, who was unperturbed by Rowan's bustling about and then ended our stroll in the cafe at Broadway Tower.

Our tray of tea arrived complete with a dish of water and bickies for Rowan!


Spring is always a good time for new shoes (I know, anytime is a good time for new shoes!) so. . .

I've made several pairs , this time for the Pixies.

These little boots are about 4 1/2 inches long, a bit bigger than my Fairy Shoes.

If you think you might like to make little boots for a Pixie, there is an article in the current issue of Stitch magazine (Issue 70) and I'm going to be selling kits with all you need, at the Quilts and Embroidery Show at Uttoxeter (15th,16th and 17th. April).


The other piece of news I have is that . . .at long last I have my own Website, where you can see details of my work and what I'll be up to. www.annetteemms.co.uk


I had a great day at the Sewing for Pleasure show at the NEC, spent far too much money and now I've promised myself not to go out for several months. . .ho ho!


5 comments:

Mary Ann said...

The little shoes are lovely as is your new website.

Clare Wassermann said...

aha yes I was at the Sewing for Pleasure - buying linen for pleasure! Lovely. Looking forward to Uttoxeter and seeing the real life shoes. I'm being a tooth fairy tonight so could do with a little pair for myself

annette emms said...

Mary Ann - Thank you!
Clare - Good luck with your nocturnal Fairy duties. . .what fun! Hope to see you in April. x

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Gorgeous spring photos and even more gorgeous pixie shoes. I shall look out for issue 70!
Good luck with your new website x

Helen Suzanne said...

gorgeous little things your pixies shoes.