Monday, 23 April 2012

Quilters Guild Regional day and an enchanted meadow.

 On Saturday I was at Eaton Bray in Bedfordshire, with the ladies of Region 7 of the Quilters Guild.

A full programme of events, delicious cakes and lunch, retail opportunities. Such an enjoyable day, thank you so much for inviting me


On Sunday Mike and I went to visit an ancient hay meadow at Cricklade in Wiltshire.                                                               The meadow is home to 80% of this country's Snakeshead Fritillary plants.
We had occasional glimpses of Spring sunshine and the meadow was transformed into an enchanted world.

I wanted to lie down in the grass . . . but it was damp and I would have squashed some of the precious and rare beauty growing there!
So instead, we went into the 'Fritillary Tearooms' and had a lovely, home cooked lunch. 

7 comments:

ersi marina said...

I can't believe those flowers have patchwork-like stains on their petals! Is this how they really are? :))

annette emms said...

Yes Ersi marina, the flowers are just as they appear in my photo. Magical aren't they? Can you imagine a whole meadow, full of them!
Annette x

Clare Wassermann said...

Wow that quantity is just amazing....I have one lovely plant in my garden which has both white and patchwork flowers in abundance this year. I count myself lucky but would have love to have seen this meadow. Xx

annette emms said...

Hi Clare, they really were an amazing sight., well worth the journey. X

Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese said...

Have a look at some of the work we did for Cricklade Bloomers and Natural England last year. We had great fun.
www.crickladeinbloom.co.uk/north_meadow_art.html
Best wishes
Maggie

annette emms said...

Hi Maggie, lovely to see you too! Thanks for your input. . Bless you! X

Morna said...

What a gorgeous meadow!