Sunday, 20 May 2012

Folded Books Workshop with Staffordshire Embroiderers Guild

Ha! I know when to give up, lost post can stay wherever its hiding!
 Here are some pictures of my workshop at Stafford on Saturday.
The members of the Staffordshire branch of the Embroiderers guild made me very welcome and
and produced some great work.

I showed them several different types of books that can be folded from one sheet of paper.
 Then we made covers for the books, from coffee dyed calico and an assortment of re-cycled papers which we altered by scrunching, folding , rubbing baby oil into and tearing...
then all the assorted loveliness was arranged into delicious concoctions which were stitched down and embellished with buttons, beads and more stitch.








Aren't they lovely!

Next week Mike and I are going are going adventuring to Devon and on Saturday I shall be doing a Needlefelted Angels wokshop with my good friends at the Exeter branch of the Embroiderers Guild.
Looking forward to seeing you all. x

2 comments:

Ann Somerset Miles said...

Oh how delicious - I wish I could have been there, and your images have given such ideas! Thanks for sharing - and have a wonderful time in Devon.

Clare Wassermann said...

Ah yum yum lots of crinkled paper. Enjoy Devon. I want to live there so I'll be there in spirit. Lovely to see what you've been up to me ol' stick.