Tuesday, 12 June 2012

Workshops

 I don't often have chance to take part in a workshop  but on Saturday I was lucky enough to be able to spend the day with the Cotswold Embroiderers guild and the wonderful Janet Bolton.
Have a look at her work here . . .
 Here she is modelling a piece of pure wool wadding made by her friends at the Cowslip Workshop in Cornwall.

We had such a brilliant day, working with hand stitch and scraps of fabric. Janet kept us entertained with stories of her travels.
Here is Jan's picture inspired by a recent trip to the beach.

This is mine, I think it's going to be a fairy, learning to fly. . . .
Janet is a marvellous tutor and she inspired us all.

I know it's only June, but thinking of forward planning. . .here is a sample of the collaged paper and fabric that we will be using to make these. . . .

. . . .in  my Christmas workshops at Westhope College in Shropshire on the 24th and 25th November.

5 comments:

Clare Wassermann said...

Mmmm nice books!! Funny I was just thinking of you as I am just making a very silly angel cat. Just learning to stitch a nie multicoloured flower....should be working but it keeps dragging me away. Shall blame you.....

annette emms said...

Well. . . Why not, everyone else does.
Did you have a good holiday.? Hope so. X A

Maggi said...

Love your novice flying fairy. Those books look gorgeous

Clare Wassermann said...

ad a lovely holiday thank you. Cornwall is my paradise. I have Janet Bolton's book and I love it. I like the warm colours she uses.

annette emms said...

Hi Maggi, thank you! X