Thursday, 20 February 2014

'Finding the Magic' at Wyboston Lakes

The 2014 Embroiderers guild AGM will be held at Wyboston Lakes in Cambridgeshire, and I've been asked to come along and give a talk.
Scary stuff, this is a huge event . . . but I'm honoured to be invited!

I've called my talk 'Finding the Magic', and I've spent the last few weeks planning samples, sorting stories and adventures, going off in the wrong direction, coming back and re-writing etc etc.
It's much too long so I shall have to trim it down. Now this is going to be hard!

Anyway, it's been great fun and here's a taste of what's included.

Last year we went to Devon, in search of Hares. They appear in the most unexpected places. . . .



This symbol, three hares running in a circle , has ancient origins and can be seen all over the world.
This one is hiding , high in the roof of the pretty church of St.Michael at Ilsington , a charming village on the edge of Dartmoor in Devon.
If you should decide to go on a 'Hare hunt' like mine, do take a torch, church lighting doesn't reach into the nooks and crannies where hares hide!




I've drawn the symbol from Ilsington onto calico and coloured the hares with Inktense crayons.
Not sure what next. Maybe some hand stitch?
X

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Daisy Debs said...

Aah ! What a delightful blog ! I shall be popping in from time to time : )

Gina said...

Just popping by to say it was a brilliant talk... and a lovely workshop too!