Thursday, 10 April 2014

Fairy shoes and Book wraps.

Last week I went to the Embroiderers Guild AGM in Cambridgeshire.
One of the group who took my workshop,the lovely Gina Ferrari sent me this picture of the little Fairy Shoes she made.




Aren't they delightful!
I enjoyed my time at Wyboston Lakes, good food, comfy room and the chance to meet and chat with fellow guild members.
I didn't enjoy the dreadful smog of pollution which hung over this part of the world for days. It caused much suffering for people with chest problems and those, like myself , with asthma.
The world outside looks so different now, clear skies and clean air!
This morning I walked with my dog ,down to the river and spring really was bursting out all over . . . at last!
Last year I had a great time teaching in Scotland and today, I was thrilled to get a message from one of the members of the Aberdeen South branch of the guild with these lovely pictures of her work. Thank you so much Linda.
















Linda entered one of the Bookwraps she had made into a competition and she won!
I think her success was well deserved.




-
Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

Catherine said...

I still LOVE the fairy shoes as much as I did the first time I saw them. I just bought some glove soft and very thin leather. I hope to make another pair soon. I want to do a lot of beading this time.

It is so nice to see a new post from you.

Clare Wassermann said...

mmmm I think I might make a new pair too - I sew better than when I made my pair!

Skyline Spirit said...

pretty nice blog, following :)